About BiLD Analytics
We are a Portuguese company specialized in the analytics field and this is what we love to do.
We were created as part of the spinoff program from NOVA IMS and since that moment we never stopped chasing our goals. Right now, we have offices in two cities, and we work with global known companies in 4 countries. By merging cut edge technologies with our know how we are making businesses increase their performance day after day.
What are we looking for
We are seeking a Big Data Engineer to integrate our team. You will have the opportunity to use modern technologies and to work with a cutting-edge Big Data platform. Plus, you will have the chance to work on a dynamic environment and with people eager to make the difference and give the best of themselves.
As Big Data Engineer your role relies on driving high priority customer initiatives, leveraging cloud data services to solve the biggest and most complex data challenges faced by BiLD’s enterprise customers, perform strategic data analysis and research to support business strategy. Adding to this, you will have an important role on identifying and developing intelligent and innovative data analytics use cases to optimize business processes.
- Knowledge in data analytics/ data engineering;
- Experience in ETL tasks and data modelling;
- Experience with Azure key resources for data engineering tasks;
- The ability to work across structured, semi-structured and unstructured data;
- Meaningful experience with Spark Ecosystem (Databricks would be a plus);
- Experience working collaboratively in a close-knit team and in clearly communicating complex solutions;
- Python/Scala and SQL development skills would be beneficial;
- Worked in an agile team, producing frequent deliverables
- Fluency in English;
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or related field.
Nice to have/Pluses:
- Knowledge of leading cloud platforms; Azure or AWS would be an excellent addition to your skills;
- Meaningful experience with Spark Ecosystem (Databricks would be a plus)